Cold Boxes & Manifold Assemblies
A CoreWorks Cold Box or Assembly is an excellent way to purchase integrated, shop fabricated equipment that provides ease of installation, excellent shipping and field protection and superior insulation performance.
The Cold Box is a custom-designed structure that permanently houses, supports, and protects internal equipment such as heat exchanger(s), vessels, piping, and other equipment. The interior is continuously purged with dry nitrogen gas and maintained at a slight positive pressure for safe and reliable operation. Cold Boxes are completely shop fabricated and tested at CoreWorks’ facility and are transported to the job site for final installation.
Advantages of installing your cryogenic equipment into a Cold Box include:
- Ease of equipment installation greatly reduces the cost and time associated with on-site field construction. Upon arrival on site, the equipment is uprighted, set on the foundation, piped up, insulated, and is basically "ready to operate."
- No additional support structure is required.
- Superior insulation system for cryogenic equipment compared to mechanical insulation solutions.
- Interconnecting piping between the internal equipment and components is all welded and complete, eliminating flange pairs or threaded connections, field piping, and the expense of mechanically insulating interconnecting pipes.
- Cold Box designs include a nitrogen purge system designed to keep the insulation dry and provide effective early-warning hydrocarbon leak detection.
- Protection of equipment and insulation against external influences like rain, snow, wind, etc.
1. Perlite Fill Connections 2. Breather Valve 3. Roof (Safety Plate)
4. Emergency Vent Manway 5. Lifting Lugs 6. Side Panels
7. BAHX and other Process Equipment 8. Flexible Nozzle Close Out
9. Perlite Drain Connection 10. Manway 11. Floor Panels
12. N2 Purge 13. Nameplates
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), Natural Gas Processing (NGP), Nitrogen Rejection Units (NRU), Landfill Gas Processing (LFG), Ethylene Separation Systems, Propane/Butane Dehydrogenation (PDH/BDH), Industrial Gas/Air Separation (IG)
Superior Protection and Insulation
Carbon steel casing structure supports heat exchangers, piping, and other related cryogenic equipment and insulation material in an inert atmosphere.
Codes and Standards
ASME, ASTM, AISC, AWS, ANSI, ASCE, UBC, IBC, SSPC, ALPEMA